This page includes information and resources to support your continuous professional development, including effective practice examples and case studies.
Our CPD resources are separated by our three Quality Standards, as defined in the Quality Assurance and Improvement Framework: Service Delivery, Leadership & Quality Culture, and Outcomes & Impact.
Resources produced from Education Scotland Effective Practice Events can also be found here, including materials illustrating delivery of Modern Apprenticeships in a variety of sectors and feedback from providers who attended the events.
New resources are added throughout the year so please continue to review this page for new content.
Details of upcoming training and information sessions aimed at training providers who are contracted to deliver Modern Apprenticeships and Employability Fund.
Fair Work Resources
Guidance from the Scottish Government to support implementation of Fair Work First.
- Employer Involvement: Community of Practice Report October 2021
- Employer Involvement: mesma masterclass
- Equality Groups: Supporting individuals during apprenticeships and employability programmes case study
- Initial Assessment: mesma masterclass
- Initial Assessment Provider Event Recording
- Induction: Getting learners off to the best start through induction case study
- Learner progress: mesma masterclass (progress reviews)
- Learner progress: mesma masterclass (giving feedback)
- Meta-skills delivery for Modern Apprenticeship providers
- Meta-skills Profiling Tool
- Meta-skills Self Assessment
- Blank Templates
- Community of Practice – Delivering Meta Skills in Modern Apprenticeships
- Meta Skills Delivery in Modern Apprenticeships Community of Practice - Actions October 2022
- Meta skills within Providing Financial Services MA Framework
- Meta skills within Engineering and Digital Manufacturing MA Framework
- Meta skills within Technical Apprenticeship in Project Management
- Meta skills within Technical Apprenticeship in Digital Technology
- Automotive Effective Practice Event November 2018
- ICT Effective Practice Event November 2018
- Hospitality Effective Practice May 2019
- Hospitality Workshop Slides May 2019
- Hospitality Workshop Summary May 2019
- Social Services Children and Young People Summary Nov 2019
- Social Services Children and Young People event slides Nov 2019