My World of Work
My World of Work is Scotland’s award-winning online career information and advice service.
The web service provides trustworthy, expert information and advice – free to access at any time, for people at any stage in their career.
The site is designed to support people of all ages and stages, with activities and tools to help them identify opportunities.
Key features include:
- A ‘to-do’ list which guides you through a series of tasks associated with your stage
- Personality tools which provide tailored career suggestions
- A new skills tool which will help you to record and understand the skills you have or are developing
- An option choices tool for school pupils to help them match choices to future career options
- A profile tool where you can record personal achievements, useful for CVs or course applications
- Route maps into careers, including jobs, courses, apprenticeships and volunteering
- A CV builder and advice on applications and interviews
- Help for parents along the way
Building on success
More than half a million people are registered on My World of Work, and nine in ten are happy with the service. It’s an award-winning service which has been praised as a key resource for young people by Education Scotland. It’s been so successful that other countries have asked to copy the model.
By working in partnership with industry and education, and drawing on the considerable expertise within SDS, the service develops in response to user needs.
To access all of this and more, users can register and set up an account. The more a user interacts with the site, the more career ideas it offers tailored to their profile.
Want to know more?
When it comes to your career, there are so many possibilities. But where do you begin? We're not just here to get you started - we're here to guide you every step of the way.