Parent and carer engagement activities
Parents and carers have a key influence on the choices their young person makes.
Careers advisers are there to help so that parents and carers can feel confident in supporting their young person make important decisions in their career journey.
- When young people are making the transition from P7 to S1, careers advisers attend parent and carer events to outline the support on offer
- Career management skills are introduced and parents and carers are encouraged to register for a free account on My World of Work and visit the parent and carer area for information and advice
- In S2 and S3, careers advisers attend parent and carer events that focus on option choices. This is to support parents and carers in helping their young person consider their career management skills and make informed decisions
Senior phase option choices
- Careers advisers attend parent and carer evenings and events throughout the senior phase to support informed decision making
- My World of Work’s dedicated parent and carer area provides information and useful resources to help with career conversations
Return to our school services table for a comprehensive overview of the help on offer.
Learn more about the career information, advice and guidance (CIAG) services we provide in schools and centres across the country.
Parent and carer research – Parents’ Voice Survey 2023/24
Parents and carers are key influencers over young people’s career ambitions and choices.
Parent and carer views on our career services are extremely important to us and will help us continue to shape and evolve our services.
Please let us know what you think through our Parents’ Voice Survey 2023/24 which should take around 10 minutes to complete.