My World of Work P5-P7 digital offer
My World of Work is where a child's career management skills development begins, thanks to fun resources for use in the classroom.
We've created online interactive tools to help primary pupils learn about themselves and their skills and how to develop them.
Pupils are registered for the resources by their teacher. Their account and personalised profile will move with them as they move up years or if they move school.
Animal me is a way for pupils to find out about the the kinds of jobs that suit their personality type:
- It's based around the Myers-Briggs personality principles and can also indicate how a young person learns or handles stress
- At the end of the quiz, pupils are assigned an animal and given some ideas about the types of career that might suit their personality
The skills builder grows with the pupil, creating a personalised profile:
- It links to the 'I Can' statements in the Career Education Standard, and provides a way to report on skills development, attainment and profiling
- It allows teachers to set pupils, groups or classes an 'I Can' statement to work to
- Pupils can use it on a day-to-day basis. They can enter activities they’ve undertaken inside and outside of school, measuring themselves on a star rating against the top skills they think they’ve used for that activity
Return to our school services table for a comprehensive overview of the help on offer.
Learn more about the career information, advice and guidance (CIAG) services we provide in schools and centres across the country.