Survey seeks sector feedback to develop Land use apprenticeships
The views of employers of all sizes across Scotland’s Land use sector, covering occupations within Agriculture, Horticulture, Trees and Timber, Game and Wildlife, and Land and Nature are needed to support the development of apprenticeships for the industry which will meet current and future skills needs.
The design and development of Land use apprenticeships across Scotland are being reviewed and refreshed through a new industry-led approach to ensure skills and qualifications are not only fit for purpose, but fit for the future.
Individuals and representatives from across the sector have been working to develop the new apprenticeships, and Skills Development Scotland is now seeking feedback on the apprenticeships through an online survey.
There are surveys to support occupation areas, which each take around 20 minutes to complete and will ask for feedback on the content of the apprenticeship and the skills which are relevant to the apprenticeship.
Anyone with an interest in apprenticeships and skills for the Land use sector should take part in a survey, choosing any or all relevant to their field of work.
SDS is especially interested in hearing from employers, employees, trade bodies, trade unions, awarding bodies, regulatory bodies and training providers from across the industry.
The surveys can be found by visiting the following links for each and participants should complete theirs by 21 July 2023.
- Agriculture SCQF Level 5 with pathways in Crops, Livestock and Mixed Farming
- Agriculture SCQF Level 7
- Horticulture SCQF Level 5 with pathways in General Horticulture; Production Horticulture; Parks and Gardens; Retail Horticulture; Landscaping; Sports Turf; and Greenkeeping
- Horticulture SCQF Level 7 with pathways in General Horticulture; Production Horticulture; Parks and Gardens; Retail Horticulture; Landscaping; Sports Turf; and Greenkeeping
- Trees and Timber SCQF Level 5 with pathways in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Trees and Timber SCQF Level 7 with pathways in Forestry and Arboriculture
- Land and Nature SCQF Level 5 with pathways in Fisheries; Land and Estates, Game and Wildlife; and Nature Restoration
- Land and Nature SCQF Level 7 with pathways in Fisheries; Land and Estates; and Nature Restoration
The Chair of Land use Apprenticeship Technical Expert Group, Rod Sanderson, who is CEO of agricultural merchant Tarff Valley, said: “The survey provides individuals with the opportunity to influence and inform the direction of apprenticeships and skills development in the Land use sector. While we have broad representation from employees and employers of different types, sizes and location from across the country, along with professional bodies, wider industry stakeholders and trade union partners, I would encourage anyone with an interest to participate.”