Apprentice Transition Plan (ATP) service
The Apprentice Transition Plan is to support apprentices who have been made redundant.
As part of support measures we are working with modern apprenticeship learning providers to offer additional help for apprentices who have been made redundant. The Apprentice Transition Plan (ATP) service has been developed to help redundant apprentices to the next steps in their career journey.
Additional funding is available to support providers to deliver the service. Providers who wish to deliver the part of the service which is not about continued certification must have registered assessors who have completed specific training modules which are hosted on the SDS provider learning management system.
This page includes further details on the ATP service, including on funding and eligibility. You will find information and resources to support delivery of ATP services. This includes key documentation, such as the ATP Stage 4 Resource, as well links to the webinar and e-learning modules that are part of the compulsory training in order to deliver ATP services.
Detailed guidance on the Apprentice Transition Plan and the ATP template.
- ATP – Information and Support Guidance February 2021
- ATP – blank ATP template (word version)
- ATP – blank ATP template (pdf version)
- ATP – Guidance for ATP template
- ATP – Webinar Slides
- ATP – Registration and Claims Process – FIPS Quick Start Guide
- ATP - Access Fund Provider Application Form and Needs Assessment Report blank template (word version)
- ATP - Access Fund Provider Application Form and Needs Assessment Report blank template (pdf version)
- ATP - Access Fund - Guidance to support completion of application form
- ATP - Access Fund Rules
- Information Flyer for Apprentices
- Modern Apprenticeship Conditions and Specification
The Modern Apprenticeship Conditions and Specification 2020-2021 have been updated to include requirements relating to the Apprentice Transition Plan.
Overview of delivery and administration of the Apprentice Transition Plan.
Apprentice Transition Plan Stage 4 resources
Guidance on Stage 4 of the Apprentice Transition Plan and links to the templates in the Apprentice Transition Pan Stage 4 resource.
- ATP - Stage 4 Resource
- ‘Technical Skills Statement’ template (Annex 1)
- ‘Internal Review of Technical Skills Statement’ template (Annex 1)
- ‘Describing Your Skills’ template (Annex 2)
- ‘Benchmarking Grid’ template (Annex 3)
- ‘Internal Review of Benchmarking’ template (Annex 4)
- SCQF Employer Levelling Tool