The Employability Fund aims to support
activity that will help people to develop the skills needed to
secure a job or progress to more advanced forms of training.
While Skills Development Scotland administers the Fund, services
are being developed and delivered at a local level to ensure they
meet the specific needs of the individual and to complement, rather
than duplicate existing locally-funded offers.
Training and work experience on offer is designed to suit
individual need while the employer-assessed Certificate of Work
Readiness can also be delivered through the Fund.
Local Employability Partners have been given the role of
determining how needs should be met from the Fund based on
knowledge of their area.
The Employability Fund:
- has a strong focus on work experience;
- responds to differing participant needs
- adapts to local employer demand
- complements other funded training at a local level; and
- enables learners to demonstrate achievements to employers